Friday, March 06, 2009

when you like him too much, don't tell everyone

This blog is about shopping so if you have no money, please don't read on... ...

I bought a cool pair of sneakers -Onitsuka Tigers Lutte Filles.
Mine's in silver, and when I wear it, it makes me feel like dancing through life... I remember the last pair of sneakers I owned was bought by a friend (Adidas' in maroon) and that was many, years ago. I wear my Mom's Columbias to the gym and own an assortment of slippers and more slippers. But my feet ache in them and ache worse in flats - and even worse, are scratched and bruised from the various gu-niang shoes. Sobs. So this month, I have a sneaker budget. I hope I don't feel like I want to buy one pair every month...they are just too comfy!
I don't know if there is a theory out there that if you like someone, it somehow subconciously influences your shopping for clothes/makeup/shoes etc. But it does! Mr A is always impeccably dressed... I have a thing for guys in black, long-sleeved shirts, somehow it makes my heart beat faster... especially if he is tanned to match the shirt. And once, spotted him in this getup with gray chinos, and the back pocket had some stud details on it...which, having an eye for detail, I found myself giving him brownie points...wait, I wasn't purposely looking at his butt... Nono. And he always carries this beige overcoat with an air of nonchalance to our saturday haunt...I noticed that. Mmm, my ex-best friend does that too - carry a beige overcoat (when he was out with me, presumably to watch movies); 'just in case I felt cold'. I couldn't possibly be with someone who has sloppy dress sense, not only would I go broke buying him spiffy shirts, I would also feel that I need to change too much about him. Everyone's been amazingly positive about Mr A, hee... although he doesn't have a clue.
Alkitab even quoted from the Bible that I should, like in the book of Joshua, 'claimed the land upon which every step he took... ' I asked Alkitab, Oh, does that mean I must step on Mr A and claim him as my territory? And I had a very funny visual of me doing so, haha, maybe I will, although perhaps that would traumatise him a little...
Anyways.

Every guy has to have a black shirt...and a white shirt.




Or a blue shirt.


Kie, who is quite a spiffy dresser too.


But back to my theory.

After examining my wardrobe 'pre-crush' on Mr A - and 'post-crush'; YES, definitely I can spot some changes.


Before...I was this girl. Although not the striped cardigan, but yes with the straight cut jeans, white shirt, open sandals and trying-to-be-wavy hair.




So me.
My wardrobe is mostly cute graphic tees in black, white, gray, blue...which I can get away with (for work) if I pair it with a cropped jacket and slinky pants. I shop at Pull and Bear a lot...as well as River Island for these:
$19.90 only le. I LOVE ROBOTS! But I didn't buy it. Sobs. Pull and Bear knows that I love robots and buildings... This tee is so me, right? I have strictly instructed my girlfriends to restrain me from buying tees because I already have quite a wide variety...Was asking Lilo in the changing room, 'should I buy? should I buy? should I buy? Should I buy this robot shirt???' Until the shop assistant giggled to himself.
She wisely didn't answer.
Instead, I bought (something like) this:


$39.90, Pull and Bear.
It's a sort of tunic-dress in light airy cotton with nice tiny lace details around the neckline.


So I will look like this:


With my sneakers! Yay! Although I think I will wear leggings to preserve my modesty. Which I don't have any, so time to go and hunt for one.

Lilo has bought a nice bag which looks like this but nicer in lemony which SO suits her. From Fossil - I have a thing for Fossil bags, I think that they are quite nice and price points not as high as Coach, and they use nice leather!


Nice!
I am thinking of the one below for myself, or something like it. It's nice, quirky and durable. Maybe for next month's budget!


I think that when you are having a crush on someone, or in my case, he constantly 'pops' up in my mind; your brain is more predisposed to change - the positive, warm feelings in this sense being a catalyst for change; therefore, it's not something so straightforward like you are changing for someone; rather, it's a more subliminal sense of being in touch of the various facets of personality you have, and identifying with them in a way that brings out, more of your femininity.
And of course, taking note of what you are wearing just in case he walks by. Again, this is subconcious.
And my feelings being a catalyst for change, I did something unusual this week.
I cut my hair!
And not at Henrys'!!!
I only let Henry touch my head for...many years, now.
But since last year, I've been quite...daring, in my choice of hair stylists. Last month, I even went to Far East! But still, the styles were quite tame...until now. Haha! I just wanted a haircut, so I went to Lilo's hair salon which was near my office, anyways. He's good - now I have a blunt fringe, short at the sides so when I tie up it looks like short hair, and long at the back. Still getting used to the look, but am so happy I can wear lots of pins and etc. Haha... visited my sister's workplace (she is 4 years younger) and I was wearing corporate-style, but with the new hairdo, and her colleague asked, whether I was the younger or older sibling! HAHA! It's not the first time so... lil sis was miffed and said, in her defense, that I 'don't look my age'. Hmm, so I look 21 and she, 22? LOL...
I hope it doesn't scare away Mr A though. Looking like 21 and all...