Sunday, May 10, 2009

stomach flips


Yesterday, in the car on the way to dinner:

Alkitab: I think that all girls in love look radiant. Don't you agree?
Me: Umm, ya...
Alkitab to the rest of the people in the car: Don't you think that Spiritedly looks radiant?
Me: !!!
Me: I look radiant because I went for a facial yesterday!
(Everyone roars with laughter)

-
Yesterday, at Punggol Jetty:
Mr A: Which place do you want to retire in next time?
Me: Umm... are you inviting me?
Mr A: ... ... ...
-
Yesterday, at Seletar Reservoir:
Me: (singing softly, a song) 'That would be so nice... if one day I find... someone who will take my hand and suffer through life with me...'
Mr A: What song is that?
Me: I serenade you with 'So Nice'... because you are so nice!
Mr A: ... ... ...
-
I met A last night. It's funny how I anticipate meeting him again but ... act nonchalant about it. Perhaps I think that the guys should always initiate. Anyways he said that he had something to share, and sunday being occupied for both of us (I'm singing at a wedding later! Excited!) we agreed (he suggested!) to meet on Saturday evening.

Ms Cheerful asked me during the week whether there was anything about A that I didn't like... and apart from his 'antenna' hairstyle (ok, I do find it kinda cute) there wasn't anything I could dislike. This week, we had a wee bit of a fracas - After Kie shared his doubts about A's sincerity of future dog-co-ownership thingy, I just asked him again on sms, directly, and seriously... ...whether he meant it or not when he suggested the 'helping me to take care of future dog on weekends' scheme. I never doubted he was sincere, but, I just had to ask again. As I'd be super disappointed if it does not happen, if I do eventually decide to have a dog.

He assured me that he really meant it, and it would be something that both of us needed to consider carefully as well. 'You angry?' he asked. I was thinking, how could I ever be angry at him, when he has done nothing wrong, and .... everything right? =)

So last night, we went to Punggol Marina at my suggestion. It's like a suburban run-down version of Keppel Bay, but I like it so much better. We sneaked in to explore many places, somebody's personal karaoke place which looked like some suspicious activity was also transacting... haha... took a lift to the 6th floor to try to go up to the top but it was locked... explored all the areas. It was so much like an adventure, and we went to the Punggol Jetty too, and later, Seletar Reservoir until the rainclouds appeared. It sounds funny but I think God is like smiling at us and maybe also enjoying our conversation... He always creates beautiful works of nature for us, last night when we came out of the car at Punggol Marina, the full moon was directly above us and shining through the clouds... brightly... so beautiful! The last week, I saw a wondrous sunset, the sun was emitting such a bright amber glow.

Or maybe when I am 'radiant' then do I start to notice all the ... beautiful things that speak of God's love around me.

We snuck in to a place where the regulars were fishing and the two of us found a pier overlooking some island and sat there. A shared how a book I lent him, John Ortberg's 'When the Game is Over it all goes back into the box' really helped him to make a decision about going for his dreams, in his career. Maybe because of the way I was brought up - my parents encouraged all of us to study whatever we liked, and work in whatever we felt like doing as long as it was legal, haha. So although pilots have the highest divorce rate, as long as he'd be happy doing it instead of a staid finance job, and not have any lifelong regrets to why he never ventured forth... ... I'm happy that he has taken a step towards doing something he wants to do in his life. It was all because of my book, he said. And funnily enough, this John Ortberg book did not speak to me as much as the others did, but I just felt compelled to lend him this book - Spirit's prompting, or something else? This year, I've lent and bought many other books for the rest too, I hope that they are also... inspired to do something life-changing! Alkitab and Pianist both told me that their birthday Eldredge books was really good for their lives, I feel happy.

And for me, I'm just savoring every little moment I can spend with A. The future may be... just friends who like to spend hours sharing, or perhaps as I hope for, something more... but whatever it may bring I'm just thankful that God has brought this to pass. I'm glad that I have submitted my burning feelings to God - in March and April, because if it had dragged me down into a sea of despair, or made me too... hopeful, I don't think I would have enjoyed the time as it is, now. And God's ways are always higher than ours, so I am truly, trusting in His plan for my life. I also know that this A has captured my heart in a way that no one else can, and through the little things he says, like asking whether I have eaten, and wanting to do something together, maybe he also loves me in this sweet way.

=)



The sunset at the road outside my residential area... the photo doesn't do it justice, it was really looking like a molten amber-gold bar... =)