Monday, June 01, 2009

baby bird


Lately I've got a 'filler' pet to sort of stem my nurturing instincts inbetween my wabbit's passing and waiting to co-own a dog with Mr A. (More on that, later.) I try to go home slightly earlier to feed it ... baby food, namely Heinz' apple and cranberry gel. My parents have the harder job of shoving down its' throat, ground birdseed and rice.



Here is... 'baby bird!'
Baby bird was found, dropped out from its nest, by Dad. Dad says this is a wild pigeon.

Well, now it has grown quite attached to me. Was amazed that it half flew, half used the fan to blow itself to me on the sofa while I was reading papers on Sunday morning.

It likes to perch on my hand and gently chirp at me to preen its feathers. I don't like birds... nooo, but this one is cute. I am now teaching it to fly to Mr A's place so that it can deliver messages for us. Haha! This baby bird can't fly yet, nor eat by itself. Silly bird.


The period of absence (my vacation in Melbourne) has stirred up some 'deeper' feelings in me, for Mr A. I'm a bit impatient in this aspect due to my personality type who's always 'moving forward' and wanting to know, 'what's next'. But I respect his peaceful and gently sensitive ways of being there. I'm really thankful for him in my life. It's through learning other people's life-stories that makes me a more... matured and better person, and I'm glad to be able to walk with Mr A. on this length of the road. Once again, we went to see the puppies at the pasir ris farmway, and later watching another movie (Monsters and Aliens. Preferred NATM2!)... I asked if he was okay with the name (for the future pet) 'Rex'... and he just smiled and said yes! We saw leopard print leashes and knowing I'm quite a fan of leopard-print, he suggested we could get those. Awww! 

(Taking advantage of his kindheartedness, I proclaimed that I loved snakeskin too and could he buy a snakeskin bag for me next time? He agreed without thinking twice... and later tried to jokingly back out when I said: "Do you know how much is one! Muahaha!... I went to On Pedder and their snakeskin bags - non famous brand, but real snakeskin... is about one-two months' salary lor...)
 
I'm just thankful for the days I get to spend with him and hoping that there will be many, many more.