Tuesday, October 27, 2009

500 days of summer - matthew gray gubler

I finally caught the movie 500 days of Summer. And it didn't disappoint.

One thing I really really like about the movie is how the effort is put in into the little details I just can't seem to get enough of, like Summer's slightly gothic-ish room (to me), Tom's chalkboard wall - there is chalkboard paint, we can just buy and paint the wall black, I've always wanted to have a black wall.

The fashion seems well put together too, in a preppy cum bohemian way, he is wearing the same shoes almost throughout the movie. And she is always somehow in blue tones. I wish I was in the props department of this movie. And the way it's shot, it's really current and with a bit of that french idiosyncratic, off-humor way of certain portrayals, like the dramatization while he is watching a movie, alone.

Was also really stoked to see one of my favorite actors, he acts as a doctor-psychologist in a csi- like show whose name (both the actor and the show) I can never remember, so it was bliss to find this show, wiki who this actor was. It's matthew gray gubler - what a name - and he is so my type of guy, if I embrace my artistic designer, scrapbooking side. Long hair, a blond, skinny and tall and wears those argyle and pink purple toned sweaters. I like. His webpage is full of his doodlings which I like, too. A style very much like my thinking, if I could ever sketch that well.

http://www.matthewgraygubler.com/webpage/





Love how all the browns, red-browns, and greiges (gray+beige, very in this season, very givenchy!) blend in so so so well. I like movies that give a lot of thought to the setting, even the ribbon in her hair and the tie...

Another lovely still that could be a pre-wedding shot. Love the retro vibe and that dress.




Posted by Picasa