Wednesday, December 30, 2009

non- new year's resolutions



Today's a good day.

I was smiling as I remember the last five months or so and prayed, actually THANKED God for bringing The Boyfriend into my life. As well as being thankful for the year, it's been more good than bad, isn't it?

Yes, I know I should be praying 'thank-you' prayers more often. One prayer awaiting thanks, is to have; finally, a good career start in the New Year 2010. I'm not getting younger so it's time to take a hard serious long look at where my career is headed.


3 years ago, I started the '101 things to do in 1001 days'. http://www.dayzeroproject.com/

Basically you just write down 100 things you wanna accomplish and do it in about less than 3 years' time. Some things can't just be done in one year, lacking the money, resources or time frame, so you do need that kind of time to plan for stuff in your life.

Click on the link for more inspiration. Here are some of the things I wanted to do, and did:


I went to Japan, it's always been a dream of mine to visit Japan and I wasn't disappointed!


Saw snow for the first time in my life. Here in the photo my hotel room supposed to face Mt Fuji, but the snow marred the view of it.

I fell in love with a guy who has everything I want! (Almost. Yes, women are never 100 percent satisfied are they...)

I also went to Melbourne!


I DID have regular email pen-pal-ish letters with Chester. Very proud of that. 3 years anniversary!
For the trips, like the Melbourne one, it took months of saving, pouncing on that budget air ticket during the one week it was on sale, and bunking in at MsBestFriend's apartment... it did take some planning. But I can say its totally worth it. I will save more so that I can buy more items next time round!

While others on the 'to-do list' just came along naturally.

'Watching the sunset with someone I love' came unexpectedly.

We saw this sun, glowing like a melted gold nugget (it was taken with a cameraphone so can you imagine the color in real life?) like nothing I've ever seen before in Singapore, it was awe-inspiring and breath-taking.

Believe it or not, we saw this when TheBoyfriend was driving me home (we were still dating and not together yet), it's along my house road!


Unbelievable once in a lifetime experience to see a sun setting like this, here.


Got a new wabbit, 1 year old male who already produced 2 (expensive litters). Mushroom is a Lop, which means his ears can't stand like normal rabbits (real lop from Holland, note the round face unlike local rabbit lops which are mixed breed). However, he has a bit of mutant power, he can raise one ear when he hears his name...

My new wabbit, Mushroom is a delight to have. After my Skiiri unexpectedly dropped dead this year, I had no plans for a replacement. But in the nature of my work I caught up with my rabbit breeder and he offered me this male lop-eared rabbit, FOC. Mushroom has a sweet temperament unlike Skiiri who used to stomp her foot (but it's still very cute), bite people in anger, and run to a corner to glare at you. Mushroom comes up for pats and somehow, contrary to popular belief, actually LOVES carrots. His funny expressions never fail to crack me up and this winsome wabbit has captured my heart.


His fur is velvetly fluffy. And has adapted to our chinese diet of eating veggies like xiao bai cai, sweet corn, carrots, wong bok, wheatgrass, all his favorites. He has forsaken his native hay!

Nom nom nom. Doesn't like to wear anything on his head. Santa hat too big and scary.
Looking back at the last three years, I've realised that I really set out to do the things I wanted to accomplish personally (in my social life), and adventourously. Even though I have not managed to accomplish some of the basic things, like getting a driving license or even learning how to swim, (maybe my inner fragile woman cries for a man to save me in such situations), I'm pleased with the way its all turned out.

Some of life's adventures can be planned for, and it makes life so much richer. Next year is coming soon, and I'm undecided about writing resolutions or doing the '101 things' again.

I guess... I'd do the 101 things!!! Oh well.