Tuesday, September 14, 2010

feel like writing

I just felt like writing so much today (Yes, I'm amazingly fantastic and can multitask while still doing top notch work!) I wrote letters to my Ches, email buddy for years and to my best friend in Melbourne. And I still felt like writing so much that I just opened a Word document and wrote and wrote. I guess after so long of not putting pen to paper or... finger to keyboard, there are words wanting to get out.

I miss writing and receiving letters. I remember in our school days, we used to write little notes on perfect crafted stationery - suzy zoo was coveted for its rarity and quality... and the usual disney characters and the minimalist muji paper. I think I wished that I could write letters, always, yes, despite the current trend of short messages on different platforms. I think love letters eschew something that can be immortalized, something to go back to when times get rough. Of course, no one wants to write and write and have their letters go unanswered. But at the very least, anniversary and birthday letters and cards and what's written in them are something to cherish.

I've always wanted someone to appreciate my writings or at least feel a connection to it and if I had the choice to express myself, it's always more coherent in words than in actions or maybe saying out loud. Been told today, jokingly or not, that 'I think too much'. Well, I find that a keen observation. I'm always deep in thought in my otherworld, my utopia, my dreamland of a place more idealistic than the current one we are in.

But after all, thoughts are just thoughts and words on paper say more through meaning than words uttered and forgotten.