Thursday, September 16, 2010

nightmares every night

I've been having nightmares or weird dreams every night since... well, since the time around this ghost month started. I've always been sensitive and maybe this time round it's due to being too sensitive, too. An author told me (I hope jokingly) that remembering my dreams means that I'm going to die soon. Am I? The truth is, I can remember them for about an hour or so after I wake up and not immediately before. And then I tell whoever happens to be in the vicinity of me, and then I forget about it and have another nightmare. Even in Melbourne I dreamt there were people suffocating me and stuff. I shall document them here.

Last night's.

I was asleep on a stranger's bed, the house was kampung-like and had a friendly atmosphere, could be in Malaysia, a small village. I was very tired, jetlagged feeling, and just curled up on a bed in their hall which they were kind enough to lend me (the family who lived there.) I sensed there was an old man who also rested on the foot of my bed and paid him no attention, was too tired. But I opened my eyes from time to time and found him lying beside me! I immediately called for help and the uncle owner of the house 'apprehended' him, he was a frail old man... I too, used my hands and twisted his foot till it was facing the ceiling...

Then I drifted off to sleep and the next scene was in a school or community of some sort. I spotted this guy who had once traumatised me years ago but now I'm over it. However, he was wearing a large thick red hoodie in the dream and was menacing enough to make me spot him in the distance and I made my way to find an escape route (not going past him). He was wearing a hypocritical smile, the sort that he wanted to portray that he was chillin' out and having fun but inside, he was full of anxious thoughts and perplexing nerves. The sort I could see right through. And that's all I can remember, until tomorrow night.