Friday, August 12, 2011

sometimes, along the way

I hadn't really realized it, until I tried to explain to a traveler with the same name, 'Jeroen' about this cartoonist from Belgium, that I've been following this monthly cartoons for years!

It's quite fascinating to me how he can put some of my similar thoughts into these 4 boxes... And he's been single for years so I think all of us who follow his cartoons have been secretly rooting for him. And now he is finally attached and having the time of his life.

You can view it at:

www.kartoen.be

There's a million possibilities of what could go wrong. I always associate men whom I meet, according to the vague personas of my vast stable of male friends.' Oh this guy is exactly like Mr.Architect', I start to think, after he does or says something so similar to the category of friends of this 'pattern'. This guy is so much like Mr.Woodblock...blah blah.

And I know that I have immediately placed them in the 'friendzone', a word I've learnt from my affection for the cartoons by Jeroen.




'He's such a good man, good 'catch',' is what I've often heard single women say. And I have had the pleasure of having strong friendships with men of that caliber. A few good men. But now I realize that who's good may not be good for you or me. Yes, a good man, a good catch, but ultimately, I need someone who's good for me. And vice versa. We should make each other feel better about ourselves than when we were alone, with just the right dosage of encouragement and a natural need to reinforce the good things in each other. I've met 'good' people who are so wrong for each other in so many ways.