Tuesday, April 15, 2008

the ability to do nothing



Sometimes the complexity of this world - my world, the world I live in - just scares me. I wish it all could be a little easier, a little cleaner.

My ideal world is one where I can wake up to the morning sun on my face and the sounds of birds chirping and just feel really rested at night. Not having headaches ever! ( I am having one today) and just somewhere where I can take a walk, at any hour, in peace, without having to worry about anything.

I guess the reason why I love Melaka so much is because it offers all these, and more... my respite from the hectic lifestyle here. It's also the nearest place that I can go to to find my rest, to find - my self. I feel as though I'm cluttering up my life with too many unwanted and unasked for thoughts, and decisions I don't really have/want to make - being away in Melaka just simplifies stuff and you can actually hear yourself thinking deep thoughts. Sublime. Yet, after the weekend I seem to settle all-too-easily into the busy everyday life. Argh. I miss Melaka, and all the other nice places where I can find respite for my soul.

Captain Zero mentioned, that with some people, when you are with them, 'it feels like coming home', and I'm glad that somehow I feel like that when I go to Melaka, though it was never my home... somehow, the whole place calls to me. Haha! My next goal is to buy a house (next to Chestnut's) there. His current place is really lovely, it has all the retro features like metal toilet door, mosaic kitchen floor, high ceiling, shuttered windows, small front porch, curlicue design gate and large bedrooms... I WANT!

I am promising myself not to get too drained by the life here and have a respite one weekend in the month to do nothing. It really makes a difference!

Some photos I took, each time I go up I take different, and interesting photos!

Hehe.


Took this photo of my workstation the day I left for Melaka - it's looking somewhat like my areas at home. I'm allowed to do anything even paint the walls... might put up some stickers. I just hooked all my stuff to the walls for now. The giant paper clip is a gift from PS Chua and the toy soldiers are really retro ones, I jokingly tell people 'I am always surrounded by men'.... get it? haha!


On the way to the bus station, from office, in a cab...Heard it rained really heavily last Thursday - here it was just starting to drizzle.






Chestnut's neighbor's dog. Amazed that it posed wonderfully for me later, most animals do actually, it's as if they know they are being photographed. I was kinda scared though as I was really close.


Outside Chestnut's house - retro feel right! Hehe. I love love love the gate.


Old yellow school bus parked along the road to Ches' place.


Me and iguana. Heh. Couldn't resist! RM3. Was kinda scared, as you can see from my wincing expression... It's really scaly and heavy and yucky...


The next top model! Chestnut's not posing for this photo - he hates to take photos so I had to secretly snap it... We were resting in the St Paul's church after climbing many steps to reach it. Chestnut just looks uber cool in every shot, naturally... It's part of the 'silent, strong' masculine factor he has. Woot! I still remember the days where he was skinny like a chopstick and now, due to his work he just has these lovely muscles... Woot!


Nice jesus shirt.


Cool.


Our fave place to have coffee!

Looking at these photos makes me feel happy. =) Shall capture some stills from the video we took soon.

Can't wait to hear the birds chirping in another travelling location soon.