Thursday, June 19, 2008

remembered


Haha... really like this photo. Don't really know why though. Perhaps it shows a different side of me.

I've not been thinking about anything for quite some time, I think my brain just died after the week in Thailand - I didn't feel that it was real relaxing though, perhaps all cities have the same busy feeling like that. I'm homesick for Melaka... had a sudden thought about it, while standing in a particularly slow queue yesterday. Somehow it's like the way we think about a long-lost friend or lover and wonder where are they now? I get that sort of nostalgic feelings sometimes.

Last week I spent a day with GoodDaddy just catching up after the week away. He said something that I guess is not meant to be touching but I was rather touched! Hee... we were talking about our signup for a mission trip we planned on going this year. Last year, we went to Bali (cool place!) and he said he had awaited (to go on a mission trip that is) for 7 years! I nearly fell out of my chair at Shokudo's. Imagine, a guy says to you that he wanted to go on a trip with you for 7 years... hahaha... not in that context of course. I was feeling pretty high as his esteemed choice of mission trip partner. Lol. Then he said to me, let's go for the mission trip once every year... At this point of time, my uber-imaginative mind wanted to grasp his hands, look into his eyes and say, YES!! Let's go, every year, for the next 10 years, till we are old and gray... ...

Him being him, I don't think there is a romantic element to that. But still it is rather sweet for him to say those words, right?

I wish I could see him more often, really. But he seems to be busy and busier with ministry and workload's going to increase next quarter. So... ...sigh. I will leave it to God which is the best possible option for me right now. I wish I could tell him the stuff God spoke to me about but it will have to wait for now.

Actually when you are away from your current location for some period of time, after you come back, you tend to remember the friends and people you meet and love, with a greater clarity. It seems that these friendships seem to be fragile and we have to treasure it more. I'm glad I can spend time with Kie, Huntley, catch up with Creampuff, CJ and the rest of the guys... ... even met up with Fang sister, Roach and Zero last week. It's nice to catch up with friends despite the busy everyday life here.