Tuesday, August 05, 2008

awakened


Hee hee. Cutee. Nabbed from www.icanhascheezburger.com photos of cats in awkward positions.

Quote of the day!

“Have you learned the lessons only of those who admired you, and were tender with you, and stood aside for you? Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you?” -Walt Whitman

Me and MrCheerful (the guy who beamed at me) are now surreptitiously 'walling' each other on FB. If only I've met him earlier? *Soft sigh* I've never logged on to FB so many times in a day just to reply to my 'wall'... Can't say I don't enjoy it. It's a rare thing to find a glimpse of real sunshine on the other side(of the 'wall').

Been wanting to just lose myself in a book for ages; I seem to be letting go of my usage for real language and slipping into blog/sms- mode even while in daily dialogue, incongruously skipping through conjunctions to speak/type faster. Since I am monolingual this upsets me. Rant rant. I chanced upon Jane Austen's 'Persuasion', cost less than $6 at MPH and dutifully bought it. It's scandalous that it's so cheap! My classic- bookreading habit influenced by Ches. Can you imagine a guy who loves reading classics about 18th century romance? I can always remember Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights... Well, since I am trying not to spend too much at Borders, such cheap finds are true gems to pass a solitary Sunday... I still need to find a place in Singapore which is not too noisy/crowded on weekends, an obscure cafe where I can sit all day. Had a sudden longing feeling for the Starbucks at One Fullerton, I used to 'escape' there when the need beckons, once every fortnight or so. And my favorite muscular pigeon sculpture...I haven't seen him in a while. Since moving (back) to tanjong pagar - I seem to be moving back and forth around the CBD -_- Next year should be moving back to Raffles Place so I'd better take advantage of the low prices - $2.50 Maxwell chicken rice very nice, one... and the Tanjong Pagar coffeeshop wantan mee, the yong taufoo under $3. Hee...

Am having quite a peaceful week today. Despite being bugged again by Killer Whale - thankfully I chirped nonsense to him, think he's going to attempt to bug one of my startup pals now.

Have decided to not rush here and there to meetings so trying out a new schedule - one meet a day! Which should give me more time to think through what I'd like to engineer with the people I meet.

And more time to read.

=)