Friday, March 27, 2009

photo talk

Mom's into cooking gourmet food recently. I am so thrilled to come back home for dinner now! My family's into organic cooking so mostly, the food can be rather bland...and rather meatless. Which also explains why I eat a lot of fast food outside. (Hee... MOS Burger just opened at China St!)


This was one dinner last week - Spaghetti in cream sauce with portobello mushroom and broccoli, with cod.
Last Friday's breakfast - pita bread pan-grilled with egg and cheese, with veal sausage, rocket lettuce, alfalfa, peppers and other salads. Best, Mom informed me that one sausage costs $5 on average - I nearly choked on it. That is only for the small part of the dish? It's organic and hand-made sausage... which can be found at AMK Hub NTUC...tastes quite nice though.
Some Korean strawberries, Thomson grapes, milo, tumeric fried rice - I wouldn't call this a typical Chinese Singaporean breakfast on Sunday... I think the rice is cooked in Thai style?

Thanks to the Asian Food Network, Mom has been constantly tuning in to Gordon Ramsay, Jamie's Kitchen, Chef at Home and others. Hee...thanks to that, I get my tastebuds whetted with food - also can save money, so I rarely eat out for dinnertime now.
Dinner on Monday.
Organic spaghetti (explains the greenish tone), aglio olio; with salmon. Heh! Who wants to marry me!!! Gourmet cooking runs in my genes ok!

Me, am quickly being expert at baking stuffs. My last attempt was cheesecake...which tastes better than it looks, it looked like a cheese lump. But I am satisfied with the taste, and it's not that time-consuming to make.

The best review of the cheese lump came from my bro, who said 'it was the best cheesecake he ever tasted' , awww! Pianist also said that it tastes better than any of the commercially-made cheesecakes out there. 

Baking is an expensive hobby though - I am happy with my new whisk from Sia Huat. Next time my husband gotta buy me Kitchenaid, hee hee hee... then he will be fattened up from my experimentations.

Next up, orange ice-cream with raspberry mascarpone thingy which I haven't decided to make into a tart or a cake. Inspired by the books I reviewed from Harris, well well... cooking books are expensive too. (Like $70 bucks ?!) I need to wait for next paycheck, hee hee. 

Mom also likes Adam Lambert and was blown away by his performance last night... She couldn't stop talking about him. He looks like a cross between Elvis Presley with the soulful blue eyes, and he has Leonardo DiCaprio's mischevious, lovable smile. Adam Lambert! Hope he wins.

=

Just spent the last two hours cleaning up the clutter on my Office's table and redecorating my wall. Got a new phone (low-res though, only 2 m.pixels) so documented it. Here,

My wall - at around 4 pm. Heehee. My collection of postcards are nicely hooked on the left hand side. The sakura on the wall is customizable IKEA stickers.


After: my wall panel is now decorated with pages of a fashion catalog I got from Style:Nordic (walking distance) - well, hope it inspires me to dress well. I have lots of clothes but when I'm in a slackerish mode, tend to dress dowdily. 
Ironman decides to guard my MacBook's wire...

I bought this green round rug from IKEA - it wasn't expensive. I like to work/walk around the office barefooted, feels more relaxed this way. And the wood floor is nice to walk on, also. I put a cardboard box on the floor to hold my bag. And there's another chair facing me for guests - if not, it just acts as a coat and scarf hanger...
My phone, plant, hello kitty which is a coinbank, and miniature dustbin which is used to store pens. Heh... a welcome sight at the end of the day when the laptop is closed!
Mom's plant at my other window. I love my windows - they're black and shophouse-kind; rectangularish, with gold knobs. I've always wanted to live in a shophouse when I was younger and more idealistic. Now, I think it's great if I could move in with my in-laws and don't buy a property until I could afford a condo, perhaps when me and my husband are both in our early 30s, hee hee hee...
 
My usb ports (green desk thingy also from IKEA, not that I like green, it was just a better alternative.) I actually need more ports - this is the bare minimum I function with... 
And I have the best view - this is my respite from work - I can see many angmoh tourists everyday visiting this temple, now repainting... and walking through Pagoda Street - a famous tourist spot in Singapore, to the train, I couldn't be happier.